Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Runaways in Oct. Blender

  1. #11
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Well Mr. Rog!
    You are ahead of the curve again. Sort of on the cutting edge of things to come 4 sure! Johnny on the spot, you might say! The MAN with the plan! The DUDE with the TUDE!
    I WILL join you in your timely effort sir and I will do so with extreme GUSto 4 sure!

    I will do my best to convince them to give the people what they want!
    A FANtastic Cherie Currie feature article with an indept interview and, of coarse, with those (drool inducing) glossy color photos too! One of which should definitely be right on the cover IMO!

    This IS the email address, right?------>[email protected]

    Keep up the good thinking Rog. You are obviously quite good at it!
    More later,
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #12
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just sent another e-mail to Blender Magazine <s>asking</s> <s>demanding</s> begging for an interview with our favorite Chainsaw Chick.
    With the renewed interest in the Runaways, I expressed my opinion that their fine magazine needed to feature Cherie in an in depth interview and with many high quality glossy color photos [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] (pardon me as I wipe the drool from my chin (both of them)).
    Whadda ya think?

    Rog

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did ya ever find a copy of the magazine, Gus?
    Yes, That is the correct E-mail address for Blender (<font color="red"> [email protected] </font>). Tell them that you would like to see a Runaways update (I mentioned Chainsawchick, thought that might get their attention).
    I would recommend leaving your name and city & state. As a bonus if your letter is printed, they will send you a MP3-CD player [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Rog

  4. #14
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks for the email confirmation Ella!

    No, I haven't found Blender yet but I haven't had much time to look!
    I'm pretty sure I know were to find it on Saturday though.
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #15
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    <font size="4">I found the magazine!</font>
    <font size="5">I love the article!</font>
    <font size="6">I love the photos!</font>

    I sent a killer request to them, by the way, for more Runaways coverage and a Feature article on Cherie Currie (The Chainsaw Chick) and all I know is if I were them and I received this killer request after having already received the killer request from my fellow fan Roger, I would immediately commence to issuing some RUNAWAY assignments to my top-notch Rock Reporters without a moments delay!

    Hopefully they'll be equally as gung ho as the two of us Mr. Ella!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #16
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Someone just gave me the November issue of Blender and guess what....
    They did not print even one of our letters Ella!
    Oh...I suppose they could still show up in the December issue though so I'm not giving up yet but heck, I never even got a verification email from them Blender Peeps?!?
    Must be kind of busy! Maybe I should re-send my email?!? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    At any rate, I've still got my fingers CCrossed, [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] big time!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #17
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't recieved my Nov. issue yet. I guess since I moved it will take a day or three to catch up.
    Is U2 on the cover?
    I guess to get their attention, their e-mail room has to be flooded with letters (e-mails). I guess that gives me something to do on this cold and stormy day. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    E-mail them at:
    <font color="red"><marquee>[email protected] </marquee></font>

    rog

  8. #18
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Yes sir, it B U2 4 sure!

    Did they review the reissued Runaway CD's in Blender Ella?

    Maybe you could email Douglas Wolk (the guy who gave us that cool article 'The Runaways Record "Cherry Bomb") since it seemed to be a labor of love on his part.
    Maybe he could pull a few strings with the powers that be?!?! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    I dunno it's like you said and I'm sure they get flooded from all sides with all kinds of requests for this and that and the other thing but then again, the way I figger it, a simple twist of fate could be right around the corner! You just don't never know!

    Later,
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    GD

  9. #19
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just bought the Nov issue of Blender and I didn't notice anything about what you 2 are taking about. Unless I missed something, I saw nothing on the Runaways or any letter.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    But, I did see The Donna's are coming out with a new cd next month. I just love them. I remember seeing them warm-up for Joan back in 2000 at the ROXY here in NYC //oo\\ They ROCKED... [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic